Click4DB : a three level architecture tool
Our Database System Managing tool is based on a three level architecture wich :
- Give the different levels the capabilities to link DB2® activities like DB2 SQL queries, commands, and utilities with ease
- Execute actions indifferently for one or more DB2 subsystems
- Produce professional output from work in standard format (PDF, CSV, HTML)
- Low Level Layer : DBMS
The lowest level is directly linked to the DBMS; it is made of components able to gather information about the target subsystem: DB2 SQL queries (included or user-defined) , stored procedures calls (included or user-defined)
- Middle Level Layer : Click4DB modules
The middle level layer is made of built-in components able to apply any kind of data transformation. It is also able to parse most of the command and stored procedures outputs.
- High Level Layer : Click4DB Scenario
The highest level is the Scenario: a dedicated language able to link all middle level functionalities. Final results can be comprehensive DB2 reports delivered in standard HTML and/or PDF formats.
- Collecting data : interfaces like SPUFI, DB2TEP deliver data in a difficult to use format
- Transforming data : programming languages (REXX, CLISTs, JCLs, DFSORT … ) are not very user friendly nor reuse oriented
- Producing report : requires export between mainframe and workstation
- One click to collect all information in a standard tabular format.
- Full range of manipulation/consolidation options on information from multiple sources
- Reports are easily customized with builtin components : Header/Footer, Text, Results sets and Charts